Worko was started in 2011 in Stockholm with the ambition to re-think the traditional recruitment industry. Since then our growth have been strong and our products are well established with hundreds of clients within tech and construction. We've received prizes for our growth as well as our work culture by Di Gasell and Great Place To Work.
We're about 50 employees as of today in Stockholm and Oslo, however we will continue to grow and expand our business to new markets in a near future. Are you tempted yet? There's more to it.
Worko don’t work with traditional search to fulfill temporary needs for our clients. Instead, we help our customers to attract passive candidates over time, with a starting point in their strategic ambitions, and growth plans!
Purpose and about the position as Chief operating officer:
We are growing a lot and planned to hire this particular position in 2023, but we need to move in a faster pace and this is where you come in.
You will take place in the management team and report directly to the CEO with the following responsibility:
- Global responsibility of Workos operative model and delivery process
- Create an efficient, effective and scalable organization that is geared for international expansion
- Production budget
- Way-of-working from operations to ensure product delivery through our various IT-applications
- Onboarding & upskilling of current and future employees
- Culture development
You're responsible for a team of team leaders which includes coaching and developing your employees. Currently the total function consists of 30+ employees. You'll also be responsible for developing, improving and optimizing our way of working, in order to deliver exceptional results. You easily connect strategy to the daily business and are key stakeholder to secure the development of our in-house passive candidate platform.
The following areas of responsibility are included:
- Budget responsibility over 30 employees including up to 8 direct reports, currently 4.
- Analyze KPI:s and allocate resources adequately
- Lead our delivery activities and work closely with the marketing team to optimize delivery for our clients
- Propose improvements to our in-house platform to increase innovation and productivity
- Plan training & upskilling opportunities across the entire organization
- Work closely with other departments (mainly sales and marketing) to ensure that we work uniformly)
- Work with our Talent Acquisition Manager & Team leaders to ensure the recruitment, onboarding and training of new teammates ultimately leading to faster scaling
- Be an ambassador for Worko and create an attractive workplace for the best Advisors/recruiters
Who we think you are:
In order to be successful as a COO we think you're driven, full of initiative who thrives at a high pace and to work towards set goals. You're stimulated by building relations and delivering exceptional results.
To succeed in the role:
- At least 7+ years experience of operations (creating processes/routines which resulted in a more efficient way of working).
- Minimum 3+ years experience as a manager
- The ability to make decisions based on data
- Fluency in Swedish/Norwegian and English
- Leader of leader experience is a merit
- Consultancy background is a merit
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Training during working hours
- Flexible working hours
What it is like to work with us
Our culture is characterized by working as a team and challenging the status-quo. We celebrate each other's successes together and there's always a helping hand nearby whenever you need it.
We have won several prizes for our work culture, and we believe this is the key reason we've managed to grow a lot during the pandemic and why we will continue to change the entire recruitment industry.
Do you want to be a part of an exciting journey where you will be involved? Well, what are you waiting for?! Apply now and become our new teammate!